Telling your child “A good idea for the day” in the morning, every day, can ensure that he / she doesn’t start the day on the wrong foot. It is also a proven motivation tool for children. You can even put a board in your child’s room and change it every morning to reflect the mood and thought your child has to think about during the day.
These good thoughts for kids have been organized according to their topic, so that it’s easy for parents to choose the right one, depending on the situation.
- “When you know better, you do better.”- Maya Angelou
- If you want to be more powerful in life, educate yourself. It’s that simple.
- “When you talk, you are only repeating something you know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.” – Dalai Lama
- “Learn as much as you can while you are young, since life becomes too busy later”- Dana Stewart Scott
- “The capacity to learn is a gift; the ability to learn is a skill; the willingness to learn is a choice.”- Brian Herbert
Cute and Funny
What is life without a bit of fun? If you choose to make every quote and thought for the day a serious one, you run the real risk of boring your child with all the seriousness. Some funny quotes for kids are necessary, in order to maintain the fine balance required, but they also have to reflect a moral underneath that gets them thinking. Keeping that in mind, let us look at some cute child quotes for parents to peruse.
- “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you’ll go!”- Dr Seuss
- ‘The more you give away the happier you become.’
- “Worry is a misuse of the imagination.” – Dan Zadra
- “Logic will take you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”- Albert Einstein
- “Be yourself, for everybody else is already taken.”- Oscar Wilde
Inspiration and Motivation
Inspirational quotes for kids are an absolute necessity. You cannot expect your child to wake up every day raring to go and motivated at a high level. The right motivational quote can do what no amount of talking can do, especially if delivered at the right time. Here is a list of great motivational quotes for kids, so that parents have an easier job on their hands.
- “I don’t love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful.” – Natalie Portman
- “If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” – Roald Dahl
- “Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts.” – Albert Einstein
- “You’re braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – Christopher Robin
- “In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Kindness is one of the most important things that every parent must teach their child to have, since it plays a huge role in the future personality of the child. Some kindness quotes for kids are given below, which have the potential to imbibe some empathy and caring into young minds
- Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” – Desmond Tutu
- “When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.” – Abraham Joshua Heschel
- “Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind, and the third is to be kind.” – Henry James
- “When you are kind to others, it not only changes you, it changes the world.” – Harold Kushner
- “Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.” – Adam Lindsay Gordon
Life can be overwhelming, exhilarating, and stunning at the same time, even for a child. Parents usually think that children have it easy, as they do not have to pay taxes or worry about where their next meal is going to come from. However, they have their problems too, even if they seem small to you. So, at times like these, quotes about life for kids can come in handy for a parent.
- “Not only must we be good, but we must also be good for something.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why we call it ‘The Present’.”- Eleanor Roosevelt
- “May you live all the days of your life.” – Jonathan Swift
- “The time is always right to do what is right.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?” – Dr Seuss
Love is something hard to quantify, so it is harder for a parent to teach the emotion to your child. You might find that kids enjoy love quotes too, sometimes, so parents can use the ones written below, to give their child a dose of love.
- “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” – George Sand
- “Love yourself. It is important to stay positive because beauty comes from the inside out.” – Jenn Proske
- “Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” – Mother Teresa
- “The most important thing in the world is family and love.” – John Wooden
- “Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Leadership is something that can be taught and developed, if parents start to instil leadership quality in their kids, from a young age. These leadership quotes for kids can affect your child in a great manner, and maybe mould him/her for the bright future they deserve.
- “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way.” – John C. Maxwell
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams
- “No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it.” – Andrew Carnegie
- “I never thought in terms of being a leader. I thought very simply in terms of helping people.” – John Hume
- ‘A good leader inspires others with confidence in him; a great leader inspires them with confidence in themselves.’
Mother and Child
The bond between a child and her mother is something that is made out of pure love, and these mother and child quotes drive home that point.
- “I hope you believe in yourself, as much as I believe in you.” – Mom
- ‘I didn’t give you the gift of life, life gave me the gift of you.’
- ‘Life is tough, darling, but so are you.’
- ‘Mother and daughter never truly part, maybe in distance, but never in heart.’
- “Only mothers can think of the future – because they give birth to it in their children.” – Maxim Gorky
It is one of the most important duties of a mother to make her child feel positive, at least at the start of the day. Some of these positive thoughts for kids can have a huge impact on your child’s day.
- “Nothing is particularly hard, if you break it down into small jobs.” – Henry Ford
- “Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life.” – Sophia Loren
- “When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world.” – George Washington Carver
- “You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have.” – Jim Rohn
- “A positive attitude can really make dreams come true – it did for me.” – David Bailey
Ways to Incorporate These Quotes During Your Child’s Day
Kids tend to have short attention spans, so it becomes necessary to incorporate these quotes in a way that catches their attention and leaves its mark, before the little ones carry on with their day.
1. Each week, you can paste some quotes on a mirror or wall in colourful, decorative paper and cover them. Make your child uncover one quote each day and read it out loud. Since this involves a physical activity, children are likely to be interested for a longer time.
2. Use a reward system, where the child must use the quote during the day, and gets a reward in return. This way, you can also make sure he/she has understood what it means.
3. You can buy your kid a colourful diary and make him/her write down the quote each day. This also allows for some creativity and keeps children engaged in the activity.
A thought or quote for your child can really help = motivate him/her to face the rest of the day. This, way your child will begin learning to be positive and motivated from a young age.